Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 08:52:28 UTC

maven-3 and core-integration-testing git migration, needs verification

The repos are located at:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven.git
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-integration-testing.git

Please "test" them, unless anyone has any objections they will become
r/w 24 hours from now.

The "3.1.0" tag is in the git repo, so I suppose this does not affect
the release unless we have to respin.

Kristian

Re: maven-3 and core-integration-testing git migration, needs verification

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'll leave it as is then.

/Anders (mobile)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
All of the core-integration-testing-maven-3-xxx jobs are now switched
configuration wise. However, I ran into some problems:

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
they are now rw mode.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
This is where things get a little tricky ;) The first time we did this
I had the foresight to ask olivier to add a notice to the repository
about moving to git. This time I forgot, and we're read only now. Doh.

The svn repos are not deleted. I will ask infra if they can add a
notice to the r/o svn repos, maybe update standard procedure for this
too, since it's a shared problem.

Kristian

AW: maven-3 and core-integration-testing git migration, needs verification

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
in short it builds OK now!
I've changed in my settings.xml .m2 to .m22, then have maven-3.0.5 build this maven-3 release.
The build went OK! Then I compared briefly the new .m22 with the old .m2 repository. I merged the
new repository into my old .m2 repository and changed settings.xml back to refer to old .m2 repository
and did a $ mvn clean install; now all has built OK. I don't know, why and when and circumstances my .m2
repository got bad content. but will certainly do this more frequently when problems arise. Some of the
content may well have made it to my .m2/repository through the AXA Winterthur Sonatype Repo-Server.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I still do not understand what you Kristian said regarding <scm>
Josef

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.