Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Justin Sampson <js...@covia.com> on 2000/10/14 01:04:18 UTC

Path problems with iPlanet

I have just installed Cocoon 1.8 on iPlanet 4.1. I am having a
problem where it seems that Cocoon is always trying to find XML
files in iPlanet's "primary document directory" instead of in the
"additional document directories" I set up. Has anyone else seen
this problem?

I have set up a "servlet virtual path translation" for .xml to be
handled by Cocoon (with the funky @.*[.]xml pattern), and I have
also set up an "additional document directory" with prefix /cocoon
pointing at D:/cocoon-1.8, the directory I installed Cocoon in.
The "primary document directory" is D:/Netscape/iPlanet/docs.

When I put a file called testpath.xml in D:/cocoon-1.8 and try to
access it through a browser as /cocoon/testpath.xml, I get an error
page saying that D:/Netscape/iPlanet/docs/cocoon/testpath.xml can't
be found. Non-XML files in D:/cocoon-1.8 are served up correctly. I
can work around the problem by putting XML files under the primary
document directory, but that's not good.

I have created two test files, servletpath.xml and servletpath.jsp
(source at the end of the message), which explore a few ways of
looking at the path.