Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Vladimir Coutinho <vl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 13:12:14 UTC

Re: Pop-up example

I use jenia popup.
 www.jenia.org

There are exemples there.

--
Vladimir M Coutinho

Re: Pop-up example

Posted by ma...@tcs.com.
hi
I found some issues/contraints in using jenia. But the following approach
works . This approach  is w/o jenia.

 It is working in jsf through commandlink.It is working with urlrewriting
but not working with f:param tag

        <h:commandLink id="comments"
onclick="window.open('myPopupPage.jsf?
variableName=4000',null,'toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,status=yes,width=400,height=200')"
value="#{popupDetails.comments}" />

  Inside the "myPopupPage.jsf" page backing bean constructor we should
have these code:-

        Map mapObject =
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap();
        String mapValue = (String)mapObject.get("variableName");
        System.out.println("mapValue: "+mapValue);
        if (mapValue != null) {
            // setting into the property which is linked with the child
jsf page
            setPopupMessage(mapValue);
        } else  {
            setPopupMessage("Not coming");
        }

Not sure what are the advantages of jenia over this approach.

Manish Dhall
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Gateway Park, Road No.13,
MIDC, Andheri (E)
Mumbai - 400 093,Maharashtra
India
Mailto: manish.dhall@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"Vladimir Coutinho" <vl...@gmail.com>
03/22/2006 09:12 AM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Pop-up example

I use jenia popup.
 www.jenia.org

There are exemples there.

On 3/22/06, Roberto Rocha <ro...@liveware.com.br> wrote:
Hi,

       Where do i find an example of using JSF with pop-up?

       Could anybody give me some tips?

Thanks,

Roberto Rocha.

--
Vladimir M Coutinho
ForwardSourceID:NT00010D12

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you