Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sumanta Gh <su...@tcs.com> on 2016/02/17 14:21:37 UTC

Dynamic column using Pig STORE function

Hi,
I was going through the Phoenix Pig integration [1].
I need to store value in a dynamic column using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseStorage.
Is dynamic column allowed in STORE function? Please send me some example.

[1] - https://phoenix.apache.org/pig_integration.html

Regards
Sumanta Ghosh
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Dynamic column using Pig STORE function

Posted by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us>.
And meanwhile, try the streaming function.  Seems inefficient, but I
routinely load tens of thousands of records with dynamic fields this way.
Hasn't ever crashed on a single upsert, and it's actually pretty fast, at
least if your Pig job is running on the same cluster as Phoenix.

Posted by Ravi Kiran <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Posted by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us>.