Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Daniele Dellafiore <il...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/13 18:11:02 UTC

Refresh an invisible component via ajax

Hi.
Today again I lost some time cause a panel was not being refresh after
being correctly added to AjaxRequestTarget.

The reason is one I already know but forgot: if the panel is invisible
when the page is rendered, it's html is not rendered at all so you are
calling a refresh on a Component without any DOM connection. .

I think that this should result in some sort of exception, instead
wicket (as of 1.3.3) do not tell anything.

Maybe this problem is already being discussed/addressed/solved, I have
searched and found nothing specific. If so, please point me to the
jira issue or something.

Thanks.

--
Daniele Dellafiore
http://blog.ildella.net/

Re: Refresh an invisible component via ajax

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Daniele,

Try setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true).

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.com jWeekend