Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/11/23 11:54:16 UTC

porting Apache::File issues

Doug MacEachern wrote:

> all of the ap_ functions that were in the 1.x Apache::File live in
> different places now, so Apache::compat just needs to 'use' the modules
> with those functions.   the Apache::File::{new,open} methods should be
> deprecated (now that we have 'open my $fh, ...'), but stubs put in
> Apache::compat.

I think the following addition to compat.pm covers Apache::File

compatibility. The only issue is with tmpfile. Where should it live?

package Apache::File;

sub new {
     my($class) = shift;
     my $fh;
     my $self = bless \$fh, ref($class)||$class;
     return @_ ? $self->open(shift) : $self;
}

sub open {
     my($self, $filename) = @_;
     open $$self, $filename;
}

sub close {
     my($self) = shift;
     close $$self;
}

sub tmpfile {
     # ???
}

# the following functions now live in Apache::Response
use Apache::Response;
# * discard_request_body
# * meets_conditions
# * set_content_length
# * set_etag
# * set_last_modified
# * update_mtime

# the following functions now live in Apache::RequestRec
use Apache::RequestRec;
# * mtime

Re: porting Apache::File issues

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> why do you want to know the filename?

it doesn't matter why, that is what the 1.x api supports.
i don't remember in detail, lincoln wrote the original routine, it is used
in some eagle book examples.

Re: porting Apache::File issues

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>BTW, from perl571delta.pod:
>>
>><Quote>
>>Anonymous temporary files are available without need to
>>'use FileHandle' or other module via
>>
>>    open($fh,"+>", undef) || ...
>>
>>That is a literal undef, not an undefined value.
>></Quote>
>>

> nice.  but that doesn't give you a filename like Apache::File->tmpfile
> does, so we'd still need the old code for Apache::compat.

why do you want to know the filename?

> p.s.
> plan to commit that patch soon?  a friend at work is trying to get
> Apache::MP3 working with 2.0 and needs the Apache::File compat.

yup, hopefully today

Re: porting Apache::File issues

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
>>compatibility. The only issue is with tmpfile. Where should it live?
>>

> copy-n-paste the 1.x code for now.  in the future, would
> like to see APR::File->mktemp (apr_file_mktemp) and a perlio layer defined
> in terms of apr_file_t to use it.

ok

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I think the following addition to compat.pm covers Apache::File

looks good, +1