Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lance Semmens <la...@swebtec.com> on 2005/08/15 12:29:14 UTC

Collection display / save

I'm wanting to display a page with rows (1 for each bean in a
collection) with input fields that are saved on submit.

I'm pretty new to struts but have a rough idea of what should happen:
Display Action
  1. Create the ActionForm
  2. Populate form collection (database)
  3. Save form on session
  4. JSP displays form (any advice here would be nice)

Save Action
  1. Lookup ActionForm from session
  2. Struts magic overrides properties with user input
  3. Save rows (database)

Since I want to start with a fresh form in my display action, how should
I configure the "scope" of the ActionForm (struts-config.xml)?
Should I have my scope set to "session" for both actions or should I use
a "request" scope in my display action and explicitly put the form on
the session here?
Does anyone have any good tutorials for displaying / populating
collections?

Thanks in advance,
Lance.