Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 22:51:04 UTC

question about
I am trying to understand how to use the validation errors and detailed
messages for the <h:messages

For this code:

                <TR>
                    <TD>
                        <h:outputText value="#{messages['label.firstName']}"
/>:
                    </TD>
                    <TD>
                        <h:inputText value="#{UserBackingBean.user.firstName
}"
                                     required="true"
                                     id="firstName" />
                        <h:message for="firstName"
                                   errorClass="error" />
                    </TD>
                </TR>

if I do not enter a vlue in, I get this error:

"firstName": Error during model data update.

I would expect to get something like

"First Name is required"

and be able to externalize this into a Resource Bundle.
Any help, and usage examples would be appreciated...

--

Thanks

DJ MICK
http://www.djmick.com