Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by zhangfan <zh...@siit-cn.com> on 2011/01/06 02:04:44 UTC

答复: svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/!svn/bc/20890'

Hi Johan,
	The url is correct,and I can connect the repository with IE and TortoiseSVN. We are using JIRA's svn plugin which using svn log to associate issues with code commit. This problem stops the plugin's work.

Posted by JamieEchlin <ja...@credit-suisse.com>.

>>          I am using svn1.6.3. I put all source code and documents of our
>> team into one repo. It works great for two years until last month. Now
>> when
>> I run 'svn log http://192.168.0.3:907/svn' (where 192.168.0.3 is our
>> server's address), svn returns 'svn: REPORT request failed on
>> '/svn/!svn/bc/20890' after returned some log information.

Things generally don't *just stop* working after two years, fortunately.
Something must have changed.

> We are using JIRA's svn plugin which using svn log

This is not entirely true. Have you upgraded jira? The jira-svn integration
uses svnkit (not native svn), if you've upgraded jira then the version of
svnkit would have been bumped, maybe it's incompatible now.

As well as what the others have suggested I'd try putting svnkit (same
version which jira uses) on the box, and run your log and other comments
with jsvn.bat. This was helpful to me in debugging issues with svn+ssh
connections between jira and svn.

(Although this doesn't explain why svn log is not working but it works from
tortoise).

jamie

Re: 答复: svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/!svn/bc/20890'

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
[ please don't top-post on this list, i.e. put your reply inline or
below the thing you're replying to, thanks. See below for more ... ]

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:04 AM, zhangfan <zh...@siit-cn.com> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>        The url is correct,and I can connect the repository with IE and TortoiseSVN. We are using JIRA's svn plugin which using svn log to associate issues with code commit. This problem stops the plugin's work.

It's most likely a connectivity problem. When you connect from IE and
TortoiseSVN, is that from the same machine as where the JIRA server is
running? Can you run the same "svn log" command, from the same machine
as JIRA, with a svn command line client?

Sometimes this kind of error is caused by proxy servers, which don't
always fully understand/support the svn protocol (WebDAV methods).

Cheers,
--
Johan