Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Wielaard <ma...@klomp.org> on 2006/01/01 23:25:56 UTC

Re: repo layout again

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 11:34 -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > yes, plus me trying to follow along with an Eclipse set-up to do
> > development.
>
> Ah - that's key for you.  Please help us Eclipse journeymen when you get
> it figured out...

Take a look at
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathHackingWithEclipse
that describes (with some screenshots) how to setup a pretty complex
project like GNU Classpath with Cacao or JamVM in Eclipse and how to use
it to hack and bootstrap a complete free stack (using nothing except
Free Software of course!). The cool thing is that you can then use the
result again to run Eclipse itself :) It also shows why it is cool to
have all tests in Mauve since then it is easy to run them against the
different setups/runtimes you made inside Eclipse.

Cheers,

Mark