Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ru...@bt.com on 2003/05/14 12:24:40 UTC

[users@httpd] How to use another folder as CGI folder?

Hi all,
	I have installed apache 2.0 on my Linux box. However, there are
problems for my to display CGI page.
	I have already configured httpd.conf properly as follow:
		ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/"
	And I have tested the test-cgi, which is in this folder, the output
is correct.
	But my question is :
	How can I display CGI script from different folder, for example, I
got several CGI scripts which is stored in
		/home/harry/lbone-0.8.4/cgi/src
	What should I do?   Configure the httpd.conf, but I have added the
following lines into httpd.conf:

	ScriptAlias /my-cgi-bin/ "/home/harry/lbone-0.8.4/cgi/src/"

	<Directory "/home/harry/lbone-0.8.4/cgi/src">
   		 Options All
    		AllowOverride All
    		Order allow,deny
    		Allow from all
	</Directory>

	AddHandler cgi-script .cgi pl

	Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.   Any ideas?  please help me ,
I was blocked by this problem for two days.
	Thanks a lot!

Rui