Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anuroop <an...@galaxyintelligentia.com> on 2012/11/16 07:52:57 UTC

Https connection not working from specific static public IP Address

Hi,

I am facing issue with connecting to https from my ISP provided particular
static public IP address.

Problem.

I have website online where I have hosted my application. Whenever I am
trying to connect from office lease line connection where I have static IP
address is configured in my router it gives timeout error for HTTPS in my
browser and HTTP works fine.

However it works fine from my other broadband connection (Dynamic IP address
assigned). Hence I am not sure it is a problem with my IP address or tomcat
configuration issue.

Observation:

It was working fine from last 1 year, suddenly its stopped working for my
lease line connection. I logged this compliant to my ISP and changed my
public IP address, hence its started working fine from 5 to 6 days and again
its stopped working, I use HTTPS it gives time out.

I checked with both the end (Hosting server and my ISP provider) and got
confirmation that IP is not blocked from both ends. However the HTTP is
working fine.

I have doubt it is a problem with Tomcat  Maxthread  configuration.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Anuroop

RE: Https connection not working from specific static public IP Address

Posted by Anuroop <an...@galaxyintelligentia.com>.
Is there any where tomcat is stopping my IP  because of more request or
cache issue or something?

> I am facing issue with connecting to https from my ISP provided
> particular static public IP address.
>

> Problem.
>
> I have website online where I have hosted my application. Whenever I
> am trying to connect from office lease line connection where I have
> static IP address is configured in my router it gives timeout error
> for HTTPS in my browser and HTTP works fine.
>

> However it works fine from my other broadband connection (Dynamic IP
> address assigned). Hence I am not sure it is a problem with my IP
> address or tomcat configuration issue.
>

> Observation:
>
> It was working fine from last 1 year, suddenly its stopped working for
> my lease line connection. I logged this compliant to my ISP and
> changed my public IP address, hence its started working fine from 5 to
> 6 days and again its stopped working, I use HTTPS it gives time out.
>

> I checked with both the end (Hosting server and my ISP provider) and
> got confirmation that IP is not blocked from both ends. However the
> HTTP is working fine.

That sounds like something is blocking outgoing HTTPS connections from your
office.
Do you know another website using HTTPS, that you can compare ?

This link connects to a website which redirects you to a HTTPS connection.
Try it out : http://www.cam.es
(redirects to https://www.cam.es/es/Paginas/inicio.aspx)

> I have doubt it is a problem with Tomcat  Maxthread  configuration.

If you can connect to Tomcat via HTTPS using another connection, then it is
probably not a Tomcat configuration issue.

Re: Https connection not working from specific static public IP Address

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.