Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jens Hartung <hb...@jens-hartung.de> on 2011/09/07 13:46:34 UTC

Question about HBase Cluster Replication

Hello everyone,

I have to evaluate HBase for a university project. Therefore I read the
cluster replication document on HBase main site (
http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html ).

According to the missing feature, there can be only one slave cluster
currently. Can the slave cluster be used for read only-access (eg. for
load-balancing cases)? When yes, how I have to configure the clusters?

Greetings, Jens

Re: Question about HBase Cluster Replication

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Kein Problem :)

Actually you could even use the slave cluster for writes (those changes would not get replicated back, though).
The timestamping of HBase makes that all possible and easy.

I am working on Master-Master replication (see HBASE-2195).

-- Lars

Posted by Jens Hartung <ca...@jens-hartung.de>.
Hallo Lars,