Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dário Luís Coneglian Oliveros <ol...@cpqd.com.br> on 2005/11/03 11:46:13 UTC

[jelly] swing example

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me get some of my Jelly Swing questions answered.

1) Considering my swing appl has two menu items and one main panel, is it possible to change the panel content according to the menu item selected ?
2) Let´s say a panel has a text field and a button. When pressing the button, a request is sent with the text field value. How can I show the response in the panel ?
3) Is there any command to quit a Jelly Swing application ? Couldn´t find any sample on the web that does that.

Thanks in advance.
Dario

Re: [jelly] swing example

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

Le 3 nov. 05, à 11:46, Dário Luís Coneglian Oliveros a écrit :
> I was wondering if anyone could help me get some of my Jelly Swing
> questions answered.
>
> 1) Considering my swing appl has two menu items and one main panel, is
> it possible to change the panel content according to the menu item
> selected ?

You might give a try with a CardLayout, or ?

> 3) Is there any command to quit a Jelly Swing application ? Couldn´t
> find any sample on the web that does that.

Would the following work ?
<j:invokeStatic className="java.lang.System" method="exit">
	<arg>0</arg>
</j:invokeStatic>
There is also a quit in the swing-demo.

> 2) Let´s say a panel has a text field and a button. When pressing the
> button, a request is sent with the text field value. How can I show
> the response in the panel ?

This is not easy, I feel. I've been working on reloadable swing
components for a while where a script would be run again in order to
populate the pane but I didn't come with a final solution.
I know that you can get a similar effect by doing a bit more method
invocations and variable assignments.
   ${pane.remove(xx)}

My intent for reloadable component is, indeed, to have each component
behave as a browser frame and request to re-run a population-script
along a target.

Just thinking out loud, I seem to encounter that the following might be
enough:

<sw:frame>
  blabla
   <sw:panel var="myList"/>
  </sw:frame>

and somewhere else (e.g. as a child of action:

<sw:target name="panel">
   <sw:label>casdasa</sw:label>
</sw:target>

That is, we would introduce a "target" element that would allow an
component to be cleared than repopulated by its content...
This seems suddenly pretty easy to implement compared to the
"reloadable" kind of things I expected. Would it fit your task ?

paul