Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Noirin Plunkett <fi...@nerdchic.net> on 2006/01/23 20:37:08 UTC

Patch for http://httpd.apache.org

It's just been pointed out on IRC that 2.0.55 is no longer the best
available version of Apache.

Rather than scrapping the 2.0.55 announcement entirely, here's a
proposed patch.

Noirin

Re: Patch for http://httpd.apache.org

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Noirin Plunkett wrote:
> It's just been pointed out on IRC that 2.0.55 is no longer the best
> available version of Apache.
>
> Rather than scrapping the 2.0.55 announcement entirely, here's a
> proposed patch.

Your language looks good.  Note that you can borrow the current language
of 1.3.34, of course, to reflect that they should look elsewhere (in fact
the 1.3 announce probably says 2.0 is best, and it's time to update that.)

I will be rolling a 2.2 candidate tonight

<waits for folks to catch their breath>

no, but in a couple days, irrespective of all 'showstoppers' which are not
(that is, any showstopper that isn't a regression from 2.2.0 isn't a show
stopper to 'the next somewhat better release') - and hopefully folks are
interested in reviewing and committing patches that fix the 2.0 -> 2.2.0
regressions over the next day or few.

My thought is that if we can announce 2.0 and 2.2 nearly simultaniously,
it will avoid the hurd's roll from 2.2.0 -> 2.0.56, something we've seen
in the past w.r.t. 2.0 and 1.3.

Bill