Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/22 17:00:55 UTC

parallelizing HBaseAdmin.flush()

In 0.90, HBaseAdmin.flush() uses a loop to go over List<Pair<HRegionInfo,
HServerAddress>>

Should executor service be used for higher parallelism ?

Thanks

Re: parallelizing HBaseAdmin.flush()

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
dont forget that this wont parallelize the flushes or compactions,
since they happen region-server side and there are built in limits
there to keep io down.

this will accelerate sending all the command messages though.

-ryan

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.