Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2021/06/10 07:08:01 UTC

Re: TomEE 8.0.7 withdraw

We are currently working on getting 8.0.8 SNAPSHOT stable and backward
compatible again.
We are close as far as I can tell, but it breaks some EE 9 tests. So we'll
need some time to investigate and see how we can be happy with both.

The way I'm seeing it, but it's my personal view only, not the community
view.
We are going to release both at the same time for a couple of months and
probably years.

They share the same code base, so it's not a lot of work for the moment
even though, we have some big halls to fix
- we only release the TomEE 9 Plume distribution. We need to add the others
- we need to somehow find a way to release all the other jars, so we can
use EJBContainer, ApplicationComposer, Arquillian with EE 9 and jakarta
namespace

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: TomEE 8.0.7 withdraw

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I don't have a strong opinion on this to be honest.
If that helps and the community is willing to contribute I don't see any
issue with it.

It's not on my radar at the moment. I can have a look when time allows, but
can't promise.
If you want to contribute on this, I'm happy to do my best to help you.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 9:48 AM COURTAULT Francois <

Re: TomEE 8.0.7 withdraw

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

RE: TomEE 8.0.7 withdraw

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com>.