Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Joshua Lynch <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/02 22:06:57 UTC

[Clazz] are there plans for release?

I'm curious about release plans for Clazz.  I have
been using Clazz in my personal development and I am
interested in using it for projects at work.  Right
now the Clazz status page says Clazz is yet to be
released.  It would be easier for me to convince other
developers (especially those who still look sideways
at open source projects) to use Clazz if a release
were available.  Please let me know what I can do to
help get Clazz released.

Joshua Lynch

Re: [Clazz] are there plans for release?

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dp...@yahoo.com>.
I would write up the proposal, but IMO the project is not ready for
release yet.  We are still waiting for some critical mass of interest
in the project to develop.  Perhaps we need to take the pulse again -
perhaps there are more people now who would want to see this project go
forward.  A few months ago Steve Colebourne and I tried to solicit
feedback from other members of the team, but...

Like I said before, I would pioneer this project as long as there is
general support for the idea.

- Dmitri