Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Savitha Holla <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/02 08:59:55 UTC

Accessing secure web service from .NET client

I have a sample Web Service using Apache CFX and I have added security to the
web service using X.509 Certificate as given in
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html .

Does anyone know how to develop a .NET client to access this secured web
service by making use of the key generated.

Sending nonce with user name token from cxf client

Posted by bharath thippireddy <bh...@oracle.com>.
How to Pass the  Nonce and Creation headers from the client along with the user name token headers.I do see a discussion on this at the url below .Has someone tried the doing this using the handler?.If yes how do you do it?

http://ws.apache.org/wss4j/apidocs/org/apache/ws/security/handler/WSHandlerConstants.html#ADD_UT_ELEMENTS

thanks and regards,
Bharath

Re: Accessing secure web service from .NET client

Posted by Mayank Mishra <ma...@gmail.com>.
Savitha Holla wrote:
> I have a sample Web Service using Apache CFX and I have added security to the
> web service using X.509 Certificate as given in
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html .
>
> Does anyone know how to develop a .NET client to access this secured web
> service by making use of the key generated.

Hi Savitha,

You point svcutil of WCF to the services published by CXF. Once these
proxies are generated then you can add a config file and write a basic
.Net WS client which just invokes WS.
The configuration file has the needed security username, keystore,
truststore, algorithm suite related configuration.

With Regards,
Mayank