Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2005/12/01 01:12:17 UTC

Re: "Good man" is Different than "Man good" in Nutch?

On 29 Nov 2005, at 22:41, Victor Lee wrote:
> ok, now I remembered something from the book Lucene in Action, it
> said something about "word distance".  So that's why they returns
> different results.  But still, when I remembered when I went to
> Google Adwords and get the new Maximum CPC estimates for phases
> containing same words but with different orders, they always
> treated them to be the same by showing the same statistics.
>  Why?

What does the "explain" link tell you about the differences?   If I
recall correctly, Nutch generates a PhraseQuery for your terms and
OR's that in with TermQuery's, which would favor documents that have
the terms in the order listed.  The explanation will tell all.

	Erik