Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by JohnBrown <mi...@softasap.net> on 2007/12/18 22:04:32 UTC

product price purpose

Hi All,

I wonder why there is no "SELL" purpose price type by default in the data
seed? there are only a few:

PURCHASE

RECURRING_CHARGE

USAGE_CHARGE

COMPONENT_PRICE

>From what I understand PURCHASE purpose is to mark actually the cost of
product supplier charges us. But then the logical question arises why there
is no mirror entry with SELL type id to mark the sell price we charge the
customer?

I appreciate any replies on it. Thanks.

Re: product price purpose

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there can be a lot of sell prices.
the Default price is usually the one you sell for.

COMPONENT_PRICE is the one you need.

JohnBrown sent the following on 12/18/2007 1:04 PM:

Re: product price purpose

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
JohnBrown wrote:
> Hi Jacopo,
>
> Do you mean that "PURCHASE" purpose in this case means actually SELL
> purpose?

Yes

> Ongoing question is where in ofbiz the proper place to store the
> cost of the product, the cost which supplier charges us. I use
> 'SupplierProduct.lastPrice' field, is that it?

Yes, that is the correct place.

> Again, thanks for the replies.

You are welcome

Jacopo

Re: product price purpose

Posted by JohnBrown <mi...@softasap.net>.
Hi Jacopo,

Do you mean that "PURCHASE" purpose in this case means actually SELL
purpose? Ongoing question is where in ofbiz the proper place to store the

Re: product price purpose

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi John,