Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Tero <te...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/06 16:57:58 UTC

Leaking Memory?

This may be a silly question, but I am a little bit puzzled by some component
usage examples that are floating around, for example the Loanbroker in the
Fuse release.

The loan broaker keeps track of pending async message exchanges so it can
finalize exchanges with DONE when other services reply. While the loan
broker keeps adding the exchanges to the map, it never clears them from it.

How is the memory of these kinds of stateful components to be handled? Is
the component itself recycled at some point? There does not seem to be any
explicit effort to clear these exhange references.

I was also reading some code from the EIP package, and it uses the 'Store'
in same manner. I might have missed the spot where the entries from the
store are cleared bu t it appeared that it was not the case.

Am I just misunderstanding the behaviour of the components, or it is really
a memory leak situation?

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.