Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kavitha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/22 11:31:35 UTC

Connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC driver

Hi,

I installed Apache Ignite 64 bit ODBC driver. I have NORTHWIND sql database
in my machine. I need to connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC
driver. How can I implement this?

Spring XML file configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">
<bean id="ignite.cfg"
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
  <property name="odbcConfiguration">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.OdbcConfiguration"/>
  </property>
</bean>
</beans>

My use case: If I execute following command in cmd, I want to display
Customers table from NORTHWIND database.

F:\Apache\apache-ignite-fabric-1.9.0-bin\apache-ignite-fabric-1.9.0-bin\bin>ignite.bat
my-file.xml

Re: Connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC driver

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

You can take a look
at platforms\cpp\examples\odbc-example\src\odbc_example.cpp
for the reference. You may also want to read documentation [1].

To be short, you need to write a program in C or C++, or any other language
that
supports ODBC, connect to Ignite node as if it was a database and run the
query
like you do with any other database.

[1] - https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/quering-data

Best Regards,