Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/27 22:15:09 UTC

custom uuid of first class objects

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Ability+to+control+the+external+id+of+first+class+objects

I'm trying to understand why this is admin only, given that it verifies
that the UUID is unique for the resource it seems it would be safe to allow
any user to supply their preferred UUID.

Re: custom uuid of first class objects

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.
I think I see. It doesn't enforce that UUIDs be unique, just that ACTIVE
(non-removed) UUIDs are unique. Therefore I suppose the intent was that you
don't want someone else stealing a removed UUID that might have belonged to
someone else.