Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2011/06/09 03:50:15 UTC

ASF CMS Issues

Hey folks,

The Apache Traffic Server is currently gearing towards
a stable release, and with that we'd also like to finalise
our migration to the ASF CSM.

We have however a couple of issues which hinder a wide
spread use within our developer community:

* Is there somewhere a full list of the supported syntax
and extras supported by the MarkDown version we use?

* Is it somehow possible to load different CSS styles
for different documents? For instance, we'd like to
keep the same layout for the front page we have right now:
http://trafficserver.apache.org/ but use a different for
documentation.

* How can we specify a certain block to be of a specific
class? We can assign pretty much any block an id with

   foo bar baz {#UniqueID}

But the only way I see to do that with class is:

     foo bar baz

Is that recommended way?

That's all questions I can think of right now. For reference
you can find our content here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/site/branches/ats-cms/
it's deployed to:
http://trafficserver.staging.apache.org/

Thank you in advance,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: ASF CMS Issues

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#markdown

> * Is it somehow possible to load different CSS styles
> for  different documents? For instance, we'd like to
> keep the same layout for the  front page we have right now:
> http://trafficserver.apache.org/ but use a  different for
> documentation.

There are several ways to do that, but they all boil down
to using a regexp in path.pm to construct the docs page
using a different view fuction from those used to construct
the rest of the site.

You can then have the view function either call out to a
different template or add custom css to the page content.

> * How can we specify a certain block to  be of a specific
> class? We can assign pretty much any block an id  with
>
>    foo bar baz {#UniqueID}
>
> But the only way I see to do  that with class is:

>       foo bar baz
>
> Is that recommended  way?

If you use block html tags in markdown you will undermine
the markdown rendering within those blocks.  css classes
aren't really supported by markdown; talk to me on irc
about potential workarounds.