Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Carlsson <ro...@alfa-moving.se> on 2004/11/01 07:50:42 UTC

Where do context end?

Hi!

I encounterd what I thought to be a little curiosity this weekend. I tried
to call a GlobalNamingResource from a class that I'm using as homegrown
PersistenceManager, ie it doesn't have anything to do with the
webapplication except that it is packaged inside the webapp that uses it.

I do the usual InitalContext and try to get the JNDI but it says that
comp:java isn't bound for this context.

If I try from the StrutsAction that is calling my class it works nice. (cut
n'paste)

So, why can't I use the JNDI-lookup from my persistencemanager that runs
inside a web-app?

I apologize if this question belongs in a JNDI forum.

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson