Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2008/11/05 20:12:55 UTC

lost regions

I was testing Clint Morgan's tableindexed region server patch on top of 0.19 on our 25 node cluster but had to back out after, over time, a number of regions went offline. Occasionally when the balancer would do a region reassignment a region would get lost. As the region load therefore dropped over time, the frequency of lost regions increased as more nodes became imbalanced causing more reassignment. I had not gotten to the point of actually using any indexed or transactional table functionality so I do not think that factors in.

Anybody seen anything like this on 0.19?

   - Andy