Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2005/06/13 16:38:53 UTC

RE: Java Studio Creator and MyFaces (part 2)

Err...silly e-mail.

Anyway, to continue; the BeanInfoBase class can be autogenerated by the
RAVE/JSC tool (doesn't have to be, but nice!).  However, you still need
to write a BeanInfo class to extend the BeanInfoBase for JSC to
recognize it in design time. Using the 'HtmlDate' again as the example,
this BeanInfo class will be in the package that will become
myfaces-extension-dt.jar:

===================
package org.apache.myfaces.custom.date;

public class HtmlInputDateBeanInfo extends HtmlInputDateBeanInfoBase{
//yup, that's it!
}
===================

Unfortunately, I'm having some difficulty at deploy time with the
ISBNValidator from myfaces-1.0.9, hopefully once I get around that I can
spend some more time on the design-time piece. :-)

-D

Re: Java Studio Creator and MyFaces (part 2)

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Darren Hartford wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm having some difficulty at deploy time with the
> ISBNValidator from myfaces-1.0.9, hopefully once I get around that I can
> spend some more time on the design-time piece. :-)

 From what I could gather from the Sun code in the blueprints,
there are several hooks in the renderer which make a distinction between
deploy time and runtime, you might run into one of those issues.
Not that you need an extra renderer vor a validator, but it might
be something close to that problem I saw.