Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Todd Patrick <To...@dtn.com> on 2006/11/07 18:15:09 UTC

Frustrated with the same old ExtensionsFilter issue.

I can't get past this (The full stack track is below.):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter not correctly
configured. Resource mapping missing. Resources cant be delivered.

I have an index.jsp page with the following:

<% response.sendRedirect(request.getContextPath() + "/login/login.jsf");
%>

The full web.xml is attached in the web.zip file.

In the web.xml, I have the following snippet after the Faces Servlet
definition:

	<filter>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>
        <init-param>
            <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
                Format: 10 - 10 bytes
                10k - 10 KB
                10m - 10 MB
                1g - 1 GB
            </description>
            <param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>
            <param-value>20m</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <description>Set the threshold size - files
                below this limit are stored in memory, files above
                this limit are stored on disk.

                Format: 10 - 10 bytes
                10k - 10 KB
                10m - 10 MB
                1g - 1 GB
            </description>
            <param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>
            <param-value>100k</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

I copied this directly from the Tomcat 1.1.3 examples and I am using
MyFaces and RI - specifically JSF_1.1.

This is very frustrating and I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

--Todd

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ExtensionsFilter not correctly
configured. Resource mapping missing. Resources cant be delivered.
Please see: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extensionsFilter.html

org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.throwExtension
sFilterMissing(AddResourceFactory.java:371)

org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.checkEnvironme
nt(AddResourceFactory.java:352)

org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.getInstance(Ad
dResourceFactory.java:288)

org.apache.myfaces.custom.document.DocumentHeadRenderer.writeBeforeEnd(D
ocumentHeadRenderer.java:51)

org.apache.myfaces.custom.document.AbstractDocumentRenderer.encodeEnd(Ab
stractDocumentRenderer.java:72)

javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:712
)

javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeEnd(UIComponentTag.java:616)

javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UIComponentTag.java:539)

org.apache.jsp.login.login_jsp._jspx_meth_t_documentHead_0(login_jsp.jav
a:224)

org.apache.jsp.login.login_jsp._jspx_meth_t_document_0(login_jsp.java:18
6)

org.apache.jsp.login.login_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0(login_jsp.java:157)
	org.apache.jsp.login.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:125)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:324)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.j
ava:322)

com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.jav
a:147)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.
java:87)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:200)

com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:198)

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFil
ter.java:144)
	jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:118)

information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

RE: Frustrated with the same old ExtensionsFilter issue.

Posted by Todd Patrick <To...@dtn.com>.
I believe I have fixed this by adding:

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

--Todd