Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 08:08:41 UTC

Re: Inclusion of MyFace API in javaee-api jar

Didn't seem there were any objections to yanking MyFaces API from the javaee-api jar.  Speak up if you have other thoughts.

Will aim to release this tomorrow if possible.  Happy to wait -- just say the word :)

-David

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I once tried to replace the tomcat el-api.jar with EL-2.2 from both javax.el-api and juel-api, and both broke tomcat.
I also tried to run juel with javax.el-api which also didn't work, same the other way around ...

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
actually most of the other javaee APIs share the same problem like myfaces. E.g. you cannot exchange javax.el-api.jar with the tomcat or juel versions, because they really must fit to their impl jars! They are all API compatible, but _not_ runtime compatible!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
While build is still ok nop.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
No no, go ahead!