Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 18:50:34 UTC

Comment from the tute on logging

One of the comments from the tutorial came from Rainer. He pointed out
that we should be logging a bit more smartly.

His point is that we are logging Java code using packages - which is
fine - but we should also have a separate set of log targets that are
capturing working data from the system under the headings of
trace, audit and performance.

So maybe we have targets such as

synapse.trace
synapse.audit
synapse.perf

and different log levels give different information. For example,
tracing perf for INFO level might capture data on a per-minute basis,
but DEBUG level would give the perf data for each request.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle