Posted to announce@apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@apache.org> on 2013/01/29 15:24:38 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] ApacheDS 2.0.0-M10 released

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M10, the tenth milestone towards a 2.0 version.

ApacheDS is an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely
written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the
Open Group.

Besides LDAP it supports Kerberos 5 and the Change Password Protocol.
It has been designed to introduce triggers, stored procedures, queues
and views to the world of LDAP which has lacked these rich constructs.

Here are the release notes for Apache Directory ApacheDS 2.0.0-M10:

* [DIRSERVER-1704] - Inconistency in Master-Slave Replication

* [DIRSERVER-1740] - REPLICATION data loss

* [DIRSERVER-1772] - Improve the replication logs

* [DIRSERVER-1788] - ConfigurationReader fails to correctly read byte[] values

* [DIRSERVER-1789] - Changes to an existing replication consumer may
not be taken into account

* [DIRSERVER-1790] - When we restart the server, some user index are lost

* [DIRSERVER-1791] - Interrupting a search on the client side cause
the connection to be closed by the server

* [DIRSERVER-1792] - Replication and Modification of ACIs

Note that this is a milestone, and some parts of the API or
configuration can change before the 2.0 GA. We don't have any defined
time frame for the 2.0-G1 release, we do expect to release a few more
milestones before reaching the 2.0-GA.

Website : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds

Download : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/downloads.html

User's Guide : http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-users-guide.html