Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Mariusz Sepczuk <ma...@o2.pl> on 2012/04/26 18:18:31 UTC

Select data from database

Hi,

I created table using SQL Developer Create table sem(s VARCHAR(200),p VARCHAR(200),o VARCHAR(200)); And insert data INSERT INTO SEM VALUES ('<http://www.a.pl>', '<http://www.b.pl>', 'ania'). Now using Jena and sdb I try select this data SELECT * WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }. But I have error ORA-00942: table or view does not exist... What is wrong?

MS

Re: Select data from database

Posted by Mariusz Sepczuk <ma...@o2.pl>.
I forgot write that I am using windows xp

Posted by Joshua TAYLOR <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Mariusz Sepczuk <ma...@o2.pl> wrote:
> OK,thanks. But I have got one more request can You write me URL to this command line tool, if You know where is it. It will be faster then I will be search it. And about DB tools: what tool f.e. sql*plus ?

I have doubts about those time estimates.  You're probably looking for

http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/sdb/commands.html

(I searched for apache sdb, and the SDB/commands pages was part of the
first result on Google.)
--
Joshua Taylor, http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~tayloj/

Re: Select data from database

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 26/04/12 19:01, Mariusz Sepczuk wrote:
> OK,thanks. But I have got one more request can You write me URL to this command line tool, if You know where is it. It will be faster then I will be search it. And about DB tools: what tool f.e. sql*plus ?

See the SDB documentation on the Apache Jena website.  Read that before
asking more questions.

	Andy

Posted by Mariusz Sepczuk <ma...@o2.pl>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mariusz Sepczuk <ma...@o2.pl>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 26/04/12 17:54, Mariusz Sepczuk wrote:
> I forget write of course I downloaded SDB and add library to
> eclipse.

As Damian says, let SDB format the tables.  Your create the database,
then it's under the control of SDB.

> Dnia 26 kwietnia 2012 18:33 Damian Steer<d....@bristol.ac.uk>
> napisał(a):
>

>> On 26 Apr 2012, at 17:18, Mariusz Sepczuk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I created table using SQL Developer Create table sem(s
>>> VARCHAR(200),p VARCHAR(200),o VARCHAR(200)); And insert data
>>> INSERT INTO SEM VALUES ('<http://www.a.pl>','<http://www.b.pl>',
>>> 'ania'). Now using Jena and sdb I try select this data SELECT *
>>> WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }. But I have error ORA-00942: table or view
>>> does not exist... What is wrong?

That's sort of like "layout 1" which may work or may not - don't use it
for real (it exists to test the extensibility).

But it's the wrong table name anyway.

>>> MS
>>
>> Oracle's native RDF support is not the same as SDB, which stores a
>> graph in a relational database. You need the Oracle Jena adapter
>> (from Oracle), or alternatively use SDB to format the database.
>>
>> Damian

	Andy

Re: Select data from database

Posted by Mariusz Sepczuk <ma...@o2.pl>.