Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2020-06-15

2020-06-14 15:46:15 UTC - sundar: Hi @Sijie Guo , if you remember my friend and I are college students who used pulsar for our final year project which is completed successfully, thanks for the advice and help. We now want to do our contributions to pulsar as it helped us a lot. This is the first time we are trying to contribute to an open source project. What is your recommendation for starting off? We tried to read the issues(starter issues) in the issues page but most of them seemed like documentation.
----
2020-06-14 17:50:21 UTC - Anup Ghatage: There's nothing wrong with documentation. Writing docs which are actually helpful sets a project apart. Writing tests, documentation, contributing to operational stability etc are way more crucial in the long run than writing a cool feature or fixing a bug.
You can also check out the <https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper|bookkeeper project> which pulsar uses as it's storage layer. It's got lots of stuff going on and we could use all the interest we get.
----
2020-06-15 04:01:56 UTC - sundar: Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound that way, it's just that I'm interested in writing code. Yeah sure definitely I'll check it out.
----