Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dale Green <gr...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/10 12:10:55 UTC

Using ActiveMQ Resource Adapter to Connect to an AMQP Broker

Hi,

Can someone tell me if the ActiveMQ Resource Adapter is supposed to
communicate with an AMQP Broker?

I saw that there is AMQP code in the RA and actually AMQP connection
strings are correctly recognized/parsed, but the RA doesn't want to send
anything to the broker.

Here is what I am trying to do:
- there is an AMQP 1.0 broker (for testing, it is ActiveMQ now, but at the
end it should be Azure Service Bus);
- we have an application running in JBoss, which uses MDBs;
- we need a resource adapter that can speak AMQP 1.0. I tried to use
ActiveMQ RA 5.13.3. It establishes TCP connection, but doesn't send any
data and after 30 seconds an exception is thrown. All this happens on
calling createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE). I use the same
activemq-jms-ds.xml as for ActiveMQ with OpenWire; only in ra.xml I use
amqp://guest:guest@localhost:5672 for ServiceUrl. Maybe something in the
configuration is not OK?

Thanks!

Re: Using ActiveMQ Resource Adapter to Connect to an AMQP Broker

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 06/10/2016 08:10 AM, Dale Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone tell me if the ActiveMQ Resource Adapter is supposed to
> communicate with an AMQP Broker?
>
> I saw that there is AMQP code in the RA and actually AMQP connection
> strings are correctly recognized/parsed, but the RA doesn't want to send
> anything to the broker.
>
> Here is what I am trying to do:
> - there is an AMQP 1.0 broker (for testing, it is ActiveMQ now, but at the
> end it should be Azure Service Bus);
> - we have an application running in JBoss, which uses MDBs;
> - we need a resource adapter that can speak AMQP 1.0. I tried to use
> ActiveMQ RA 5.13.3. It establishes TCP connection, but doesn't send any
> data and after 30 seconds an exception is thrown. All this happens on
> calling createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE). I use the same
> activemq-jms-ds.xml as for ActiveMQ with OpenWire; only in ra.xml I use
> amqp://guest:guest@localhost:5672 for ServiceUrl. Maybe something in the
> configuration is not OK?
>
> Thanks!

To my knowledge there is no AMQP client included in the resource
adapter, only the activemq-amqp module which allows for the broker to
expose on AMQP endpoint for incoming client connections.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121