Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/13 19:41:06 UTC

[Vote] Release apache-myriad-0.2.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks everyone for the valuable contributions to the project and
for holding on tight as we move along the release process.

I have created a source tar ball for Apache Myriad 0.2.0-incubating,
release candidate 1.

Here’s the release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYRIAD/Release+Notes

The commit to be voted upon is tagged with "myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc1"
and is available here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-myriad
.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-myriad.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/myriad-0.2.0-incubating-rc1>
1

The artifacts to be voted upon are located below. Please note that this is
a source release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/myriad/myriad-0.2
.0-incubating-rc1/

*https://home.apache.org/~darinj/gpg/2AAE9E3F.asc
<https://home.apache.org/~darinj/gpg/2AAE9E3F.asc>*

**Please note that the release tar ball does not include the gradlew script
to build. You need to install gradle in order to build.**

Please try out the release candidate and vote. The vote is open for a
minimum of 3 business days (Wednesday May 18) or until the necessary number
of votes (3 binding +1s)
is reached.

If/when this vote succeeds, I will call for a vote with IPMC seeking
permission to release RC1 as Apache Myriad 0.2.0 (incubating).

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Myriad 0.2.0-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Darin

Re: [Vote] Release apache-myriad-0.2.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

As I mistakenly thought this was an incubator release I went ahead and reviewed it. If this vote passes you get my +1 on the IPMC list as well.

+1 (binding) Can you fix the year in the next release.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is good
- NOTICE has incorrect year
- No unexpected binaries in the source release
- Can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [Vote] Release apache-myriad-0.2.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,
Sorry ignore that for some reason I had thought that v was sent to the IPMC
list.
Justin

Re: [Vote] Release apache-myriad-0.2.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Was waiting to see if there was any additional feedback, but I'm planning
on cutting another release, adding the update to the NOTICE file, and
Sarjeet's fix later today.

Darin

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Darin,

Posted by Sarjeet Singh <sa...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,
Can you include a link to results of the vote on the dev list.
Thanks,
Justin