Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sunil Kumar PK <pk...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/30 06:56:37 UTC

Java heap space

Hi,

When running the "dfs -ls" command in the node I am  getting the following
error,

#bin/hadoop dfs -ls
Exception in thread "Client connection to 127.0.0.1:9000"

Experts, please help

Thanks in advance
Sunil

RE: Java heap space

Posted by Vladimir Olenin <VO...@cihi.ca>.
Unless someone has already answered that, you need to increase heap size
allocated for JVM. Not sure how to pass JVM flags to Hadoop, but
positive it must be somewhere on the website. You need to pass '-Xms64M
-Xmx128M' for example ('-Xms - minimum heap size, the other para -
maximum). See Java docs for details.