Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1999/06/25 23:56:18 UTC

linux vs. nt update

http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,1015266,00.html

Much better graphs there.  Yes, IIS obviously would beat Apache but there
wasn't the silly fallover under load.

Interesting that Zeus on Linux gave similar results to Apache on Linux.

Re: linux vs. nt update

Posted by Zach Brown <za...@zabbo.net>.
> Much better graphs there.  Yes, IIS obviously would beat Apache but there
> wasn't the silly fallover under load.

*nod*

we couldn't guess for the life of us how bruce got that performance fall
off.  My only guess is that he managed to starve apache of FDs or
something..

> Interesting that Zeus on Linux gave similar results to Apache on Linux.

notice that it used a _lot_ less cpu hitting that peak though :)  but it
ran smack into the 2.2 concurrency problem that test was designed to
exploit.  the 2.3 kernel fixes this..

-- zach

007 373 5963