Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Cenk Uysal <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/27 19:21:10 UTC

Xindice and Cocoon

Hi,

I try to use Xindice as my XML source database. I know that Cocoon
has special generators for this purpose. But I try to do this by the
help of JSP(don't ask why :)). So we prepared a library which allows
us to connect Xindice from JSP and get XML content by Xpath function
that we enter.
Here is a sample JSP:

<%@ page language='java'%>
<%@ taglib uri="deu-taglib.tld" prefix="deu"%>
<data>
  <deu:connection url="xmldb:xindice:///db/cse">
		<deu:query select="//employees/employee/name"/>
  </deu:connection>
</data>

Here <deu:connection> and <deu:query> tags are defined by us. They
make a connection to Xindice and get the XML with restrictions given
in <deu:query> tag.

Normally, this code runs in ROOT directory of Tomcat. But I want to
run this JSP code by the help of JSP generator. But I get
JSPGenerator problem from Cocoon.

I think I can't reach Xindice because this time JSP must be under
Cocoon directory. I know normally JspGenerator runs without problem.

What can be the problem? I need immediate help.