Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Suncire, Joe" <Jo...@qwest.com> on 2002/06/28 16:19:01 UTC

testing for update on filter file

I'm using the copy task in conjunction with an external filter file.   I
understand that if copy task detects if one of the source files is newer
than the target file, it will copy the source file to the target, otherwise
it will not copy the source file.

What I'm looking to do is trigger a copy of the source files, based on
whether my filter file changed.  In other words, even if my source files
haven't changed, if something in the file filter changes, I want the source
files to be re-parsed with the tokens in the filter file and copied to the
target directories.

How do I detect that the filter file has changed and how do I subsequently
trigger a copy on the source files?

using Ant 1.4.1