Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Adam Crain <ad...@plymouthsystems.com> on 2010/03/22 05:25:29 UTC

seg faults due to rjb on linux

This is now biting me. I've found several posts to this issue. I get the
seg faults when downloading dependencies.

JDK 1.5 isn't an option b/c of some dependencies.

Any suggestions? I'm using rjb 1.1.9 with buildr 1.3.5

Thanks,
Adam

Re: seg faults due to rjb on linux

Posted by Bas Kok <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To solve this issue I also moved to JRuby, however quickly ran into new
issues while building a custom plugin that does process forking (which JRuby
doesn't support well).

However upgrading to a later ruby version (1.8 -> 1.9.1) fixed these issues
for me as well. Also colleagues of mine who are running 64bit linux don't
have the rjb issue.

Cheers,
--
Bas