Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com> on 2008/05/14 05:45:58 UTC

shindig won't run?

I get a 200 line stack trace when I try to render a gadget, with the
root cause something like this:

Caused by: com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Error while locating instance
  bound to org.apache.shindig.gadgets.http.HttpFetcher annotated with
@org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetSpecFetcher()
  for member at
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.BasicGadgetSpecFactory.<init>(BasicGadgetSpecFactory.java:60)
        at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$SingleParameterInjector.inject(InjectorImpl.java:646)
        at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getParameters(InjectorImpl.java:666)
        at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:140)
        at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$ImplicitBinding.get(InjectorImpl.java:1006)
        at com.google.inject.BindingBuilderImpl$FactoryProxy.get(BindingBuilderImpl.java:299)
        at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$SingleParameterInjector.inject(InjectorImpl.java:640)
        ... 47 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy11 cannot be cast to
com.google.inject.Provider
        at com.google.inject.BoundProviderFactory.get(BoundProviderFactory.java:60)
        at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl$SingleParameterInjector.inject(InjectorImpl.java:640)

Ideas?

Re: shindig won't run?

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
lol, yes that counts.
i can reproduce now too. (guess i was the one that wasn't clean enough)

i'm trying to figure out what's wrong with guice... but no luck yet.

Re: shindig won't run?

Posted by Lieven Dekeyser <li...@netlog.com>.

  )

Re: shindig won't run?

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
I can't reproduce.
Did you do a mvn clean? And what url are you hitting that causes the
crazy exception?

- Cassie

Re: shindig won't run?

Posted by Lieven Dekeyser <li...@netlog.com>.