Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Doug Chang <do...@stanfordalumni.org> on 2012/03/03 10:03:41 UTC

no pig directory under bigtop-tests/test-artifacts

Hi: does anyone know why there is no pig directory under test-artifacts? Is
someone one working on this or is there some issue which would make
undertaking this a waste of time?

thanks
dc

Re: no pig directory under bigtop-tests/test-artifacts

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Doug Chang <do...@stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> Hi: does anyone know why there is no pig directory under test-artifacts? Is
> someone one working on this or is there some issue which would make
> undertaking this a waste of time?

Historically we've been using pig test artifact to run Pig tests in
Bigtop. It works
fine for us, except for the fact that Pig developers are notoriously
inconsistent
in hosting the Maven artifact on Maven central. We had to have a permanent
place for it and for now it is available @repository.cloudera.com:
    https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/webapp/search/artifact?q=pig-smoke

Look for how it is hooked up to the testing infrastructure in here:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bigtop/trunk/bigtop-tests/test-execution/smokes/pig/pom.xml

The key is this line in configuration section:
    <argLine>-Dpigunit.exectype.cluster=true</argLine>

Thanks,
Roman.