Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2002/03/20 12:45:57 UTC

questions about Apache 2.0 on Solaris 7

Can anybody verify the following on Solaris 7?

a) APR recognizes and deems usable the OS's IPv6 support (i.e., it
   sets APR_HAVE_IPV6)

b) Apache IPv6 support doesn't interfere with normal operation on
   IPv4-only host

c) Apache is actually able to exploit IPv6 without any apparent
   problems

Thanks!
--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: questions about Apache 2.0 on Solaris 7

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org> writes:

> I no-longer have a sol7 box on hand, but I do know that Solaris 7 does not
> support IPv6... APR_HAVE_IPV6 should be undef'd.
>
> IPv6 support in Solaris 7 was a internal Sun project, and the patches you
> had to apply to sol7 to get IPv6 support could be applied only to Solaris
> 7 FCS (the first release, non-patched).

Ouch!  Thanks for the info.

I found a web page at sun for these patches.  The words they use
aren't inspiring ("this prototype is not officially supported").

It sounds like you should upgrade to Solaris 8 if you really want IPv6
code that has been updated recently.

Posted by Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>.
On 20 Mar 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:

| Can anybody verify the following on Solaris 7?
|
| a) APR recognizes and deems usable the OS's IPv6 support (i.e., it
|    sets APR_HAVE_IPV6)
|
| b) Apache IPv6 support doesn't interfere with normal operation on
|    IPv4-only host
|
| c) Apache is actually able to exploit IPv6 without any apparent
|    problems

I no-longer have a sol7 box on hand, but I do know that Solaris 7 does not
support IPv6... APR_HAVE_IPV6 should be undef'd.

IPv6 support in Solaris 7 was a internal Sun project, and the patches you
had to apply to sol7 to get IPv6 support could be applied only to Solaris
7 FCS (the first release, non-patched).

/dale