Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by "Wenhu Liu (wenhuliu)" <we...@cisco.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/08 14:18:03 UTC

The VNC console response slowly or get stuck after opening more than five console windows

Hi, guacamole team,

I Integrated Guacamole into an existing application ,but once I open more than five console windows at the same time, the console get stuck or get an error “HTTP tunnel request failed: Connection to guacd timed out”. The guacamole web client has no this issue。

I have no idea about this。Do you kown why?

--
Thanks
Wenhu Liu

Re: The VNC console response slowly or get stuck after opening more than five console windows

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2020, 12:36 Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 3:23 PM Wenhu Liu (wenhuliu)
> <we...@cisco.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Hi, guacamole team,
> >
> > I Integrated Guacamole into an existing application ,but once I open more
> > than five console windows at the same time, the console get stuck or get
> an
> > error “HTTP tunnel request failed: Connection to guacd timed out”. The
> > guacamole web client has no this issue。
> >
> > I have no idea about this。Do you kown why?
> >

> I would examine:
> - Resources on the Guacamole server and make sure that the server is not
> starved for resources
> - Bandwidth between your client and the server and make sure that you are
> not over-utilizing the circuit
> - Bandwidth between the Guacamole server and the remote servers and make
> sure there is not a bandwidth constraint on that side.

This might be due to HTTP vs. WebSocket and browsers enforcing a limit on
the maximum number of concurrent HTTP connections to a particular domain.

- Mike

Re: The VNC console response slowly or get stuck after opening more than five console windows

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
<we...@cisco.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi, guacamole team,
>
> I Integrated Guacamole into an existing application ,but once I open more
> than five console windows at the same time, the console get stuck or get an
> error “HTTP tunnel request failed: Connection to guacd timed out”. The
> guacamole web client has no this issue。
>
> I have no idea about this。Do you kown why?

I would examine:
- Resources on the Guacamole server and make sure that the server is not
starved for resources
- Bandwidth between your client and the server and make sure that you are
not over-utilizing the circuit
- Bandwidth between the Guacamole server and the remote servers and make
sure there is not a bandwidth constraint on that side.

-Nick