Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kogan Irina <Ir...@mchp.siemens.de> on 2003/05/15 16:57:54 UTC

File upload in cocoon: org.apache.cocoon.components.request.multi part.FilePart is missing.

Hello all,

I am trying to upload a file using Cocoon, as
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadWithAction suggests.
However, for some reason
org.apache.cocoon.components.request.multipart.FilePart (to be imported to
my UploadTest) is not in any of the jars files in the
\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib directory.  (I
would assume it should be in cocoon-2.1-M1.jar, since
org.apache.cocoon.components is there, but it is not there.)  Does anybody
know where I can get this package?

In the http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/jars.html, they are talking
about the optional jar file for servlet upload support.  Do I need that or a
special build target (a parameter for "built.bat" for ant) to get upload
support?

Does anybody know how to insert upload into the 2.1 build process or with
what class the old one has been replaced?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Irina.

RE: File upload in cocoon: org.apache.cocoon.components.request.multipart.FilePart is missing.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Yes, this was moved and slightly refactored and even the wiki hasn't
totally caught up yet.  Even though you want to do this in an action,
you should find what you need here:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FileUploadsWithFlow

Notice the new package is org.apache.cocoon.servlet.multipart - some
of the class names have changed, but most of the concepts are the
same.  The bottom section should give you what you need to fix the
action for uploads - if not, write back.

By the way, the jars.html you refer to is for 2.0.x (as is all of the live
site for now).  The maybeupload jar is no longer an option (nor was it
useful in the recent past).

HTH,
Geoff Howard