Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by shu gao <gs...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/27 15:04:42 UTC

return type of web service is swing.

Dear all,
     I am a newbie in web service.I am running into a problem.The return
type of my web

service is JComponent/JFrame.I do not know how to transfer it using soap
message and how to

develop the client program.Have you got some ideas for this trouble?Could
you give me a

hand?Many thanks in advance.

Gao s

Re: return type of web service is swing.

Posted by Hasalaka Waravita <ha...@gmail.com>.
This is such a bad design, WS meant to be remote services and should not
give UI specific output. Best thing would be to change the design and return
a Model object may be a Object of complex type depending on requirement.
If it is unavoidable, you will have to think of something like serializing
the object and send it as an attachment, which anyway need redoing a
service.