Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "GrĂ¼bel, Nicole" <Ni...@huk-coburg.de> on 2002/07/31 16:46:53 UTC

How to use Chainsaw for different clients?

I basically can use now Chainsaw and LogFactor5.
In Chainsaw you set a host and a port ... and so far I used "localhost"
and the default-port "4445".
Is it possible to use the IP of a client instead of "localhost", so that
I can see the logging of this very client only in Chainsaw?
And is there another way to change these settings than in editing the
config-file? For example, if I want to take a close look at 3 clients -
how could I switch between them, when I don't want to change the
config-file 3 times? Or could I even create separate logging-files for
each client?

Any advice and examples are welcome!

Nicole