Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Peter Guy <pg...@vrcis.com> on 2005/09/28 23:11:39 UTC

XML-RPC server - accessing the body of the request

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered.  I do not
have easy access to an mbox decoding utility, thus cannot readily search the
archives.  Are the archives kept elsewhere in a different format?

I am using the apache XML-RPC server to implement a fairly simple web
service.
I have the basics down and have compiled a test server and client that
appear to work well.
The only thing I haven't been able to figure out how to do (w/out modifying
the source) is to access the request body from a handler method.

For example, here's my test server:

public class testXMLRPC{
  public testXMLRPC(){
  }

  public String HelloWorld(String subject){
    return "Hello " + subject;
  }

  public static void main(String[] args){
    try{
      XmlRpc.setDebug(true);
      WebServer server = new WebServer(8080);
      server.addHandler("testing", new testXMLRPC());
      server.start();
    }catch(Exception ex){
      System.out.println("Encountered Exception");
      ex.printStackTrace(System.out);
    }
  }
}

Really quite simple.

Sending the following xml request to the server will return the string,
"Hello World!":

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodCall>
	<methodName>testing.HelloWorld</methodName>
	<params>
		<param>
		</param>
	</params>
</methodCall>

Now, in the "HelloWorld" method, I'd like to have access to the above xml.
Do you understand what I mean?
Is that possible?

Thanks,

-Peter