Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Kjellman <kj...@apple.com> on 2017/11/28 18:49:25 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Migrate to pytest from nosetests for dtests

I'd like to propose we move from nosetest to pytest for the dtests. It looks like nosetests is basically abandoned, the python community doesn't like it, it hasn't been updated since 2015, and pytest even has nosetests support which would help us greatly during migration (https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/nose.html).

Thoughts?

best,
kjellman

Re: [PROPOSAL] Migrate to pytest from nosetests for dtests

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
+1nb, Never been that fond of nose from a usability perspective, and I
wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the problems running dtests were
related to issues in nose. I can't imagine it would be a lot of work to
port to py.test, if someone wants to do it they can go right ahead.

On 29 November 2017 at 17:55, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@internalcircle.com

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@internalcircle.com>.
s/handling/hanging

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@internalcircle.com>.